I’ve been pregnant 3 times. I hated buying maternity clothes. I didn’t want to spend a lot of money, but the less expensive clothes I did buy would wear out quickly. Not to mention that I felt like I wore the SAME thing over and over and over.
That’s why I created La Belle Bump, a clothing rental subscription service for expectant and new moms. We rent maternity and nursing clothes. It makes so much sense! See my top five reasons below.
- Maternity clothes are a short term need. You’re pregnant for 9 months. Even if you plan to be pregnant again, your body may be different, your babies may be born in different seasons (as mine were) or; frankly, styles may have changed. Plus I didn’t want to see those clothes after I had my baby; some women told me they were ready to burn their clothes afterwards. :)
- You can save money. Maternity clothes, particularly stylish and high-quality clothes are expensive! By renting clothes, you can save money since you can get the same clothes at a fraction of the cost. Saving money on maternity clothes means you have more to spend on the baby gear. Yay!
- You can have a rotating closet. Never again do you have to show up in the same dress to EVERY. SINGLE.
- Renting reduces clutter in your closet. You don’t have to keep the clothes or try to sell them. Who wouldn’t love that?! With La Belle Bump, when you’re done wearing something, you just return it in the pre-paid mailer.
- Clothes are shipped directly to you. No more trips to the mall, deal with parking, people etc. only to walk out empty handed. Let us do the shopping for you!
A big bonus: You’re also helping the environment by renting clothes. After all, less textiles in the landfills helps everyone!
Founder & CEO, La Belle Bump