Pregnancy during the holidays can be such a special and joyful time, but, let’s be honest, it can also comes with some unique challenges and stresses. Here are a few tips to help you have a healthy and enjoyable holiday season while pregnant:
- Stay Hydrated: Make sure to drink plenty of water, especially if you're in a warmer climate or if you're traveling.
- Say no. It’s ok to say no if you don’t feel like going to every outing, celebration etc. Give yourself some grace and time to recharge if needed.
- Layers: With pregnancy hormones, who knows when we’ll feel hot or not? Layers make it easy to get comfy quickly while you maintain the best dressed in the family. 😉Our membership gives you unlimited exchanges all month long so layers aren't a problem.
- Antacids: Just in case heartburn rears its head. In addition to antacids, there are other ways to help ease the burn. Milk +honey, almonds and pineapple are a few ways to ease the pain. For a list of even more ways to help: click here.
- Compression socks: If you’re traveling especially on planes, consider compression socks for comfort and health. Cute ones here.
- Avoid Stress: Easier said than done, huh? As much as we try to avoid it, the holidays are stressful. Practice self care - whatever that may look like for you. Meditation, Bath, Reading a book etc.
- Gifts: Consider asking for or purchasing gifts that will make your pregnancy more comfortable. Gift cards for pregnancy or as a new mom are great so mama has one less thing to think about.
Enjoy this special time in your life and in the year and make lasting holiday memories.